Sunday, September 15, 2013


Picture


Picture



HI, I'M SARKA-JONAE. 
WELCOME.

I'M GLAD YOU FOUND US. I'M THE SJ IN SJ PUBLICITY. IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING WHO I AM AND WHAT QUALIFIES ME TO CALL MYSELF A PUBLICIST, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

I am a novelist and a journalist. I have a B.S. in journalism from the renowned SI Newhouse School of Public Relations at Syracuse University, but I started out as a marketing major. I did an internship with Hi Frequency Marketing and wrote for the Post-Standard newspaper. I have a background in social media, blogging, editing, and media relations.
I began doing freelance writing and editing for 10 years. During my career, I eventually ending up in PR with ATG Publicity.

Around eight years ago, I finished a novel, Between Boyfriends.  I sent it out to literary agents, got some great feedback, and did some major edits. I then sent it out again in 2007-2008. A few requests for the manuscript but no offers. Fed up, I self-published in 2011. And thus began the journey of trying to both sell a self-published book and convince a publisher/agent to take on a reprint.

I made a bunch of mistakes, wasted time, and lost money advertising with places people said worked but don't. I finally figured out where to focus my efforts.

My novel spent 8 days on 2 Amazon best seller lists. I got myself in print publications. A major news site called my book "the ultimate chick-lit read."And finally, I landed a publisher! I can help you do these things too.

No comments:

Post a Comment