Wednesday, May 21, 2014

SPOTLIGHT ON A GREAT FRIEND AND WONDERFUL AUTHOR "AMALIE JAHN"

Today I am please to welcome on my blog a great 
ASMSG friend and author

 "AMALIE JAHN"


Writing has always been an important part my life. As a child, I loved writing fiction stories. I kept journals about the boys I loved, especially the ones who never loved me back. I convinced myself I would become the next Ann M. Martin when I won a literary award for a short story I wrote in seventh grade. After that however, the creative writing I loved was set aside, lost to the dreaded five paragraph essay as I entered high school and college. Eventually, I transitioned to lesson plan writing as I began a career as an elementary school teacher. When I became a wife and mother, I started an online blog to document the life of my children and found myself writing, many, many to-do lists just trying to keep my little family afloat. On one of those to-do lists, I included "write a novel." For many years, that item remained perpetually on the list as there was neither time for writing nor an idea worthy of composition. And then, life happened, the way life usually does, and the story behind The Clay Lion was inspired by the illness and subsequent death of a child who was very dear to me. After writing the manuscript, I was encouraged by family and friends to attempt publication and at long last was able to cross "write a book" off my list. It was amazing to be able to come full circle, witnessing the publication of my first YA fiction novel in March of 2013. In November of the same year, I tried my hand at adult fiction with Among the Shrouded, hoping to bring awareness to the plight of human trafficking, a mission that is near to my heart. I am currently working on a follow up to The Clay Lion, entitled Tin Men with publication scheduled for Fall 2014. I live in North Carolina with my husband, two children, and two extremely overfed cats.



""AMALIE'S WONDERFUL BOOK IS ON SALE TODAY

 THROUGH SATURDAY MAY THE 24TH""


"THE CLAY LION"





THE BOOK IS AMAZING!!!! PICK UP A COPY AND GET READY TO BE DELIGHTED

http://goo.gl/IywRM8






No comments:

Post a Comment